What is one of the attractive and effective ways to vent a roof? The best answer may be the ridge vent. This ridge vent comes in two types/ varieties which are the corrugated plastic vent which has been designed to be covered by the asphalt shingles, and the other one is the metal vent which needs no additional covering at all. The metal vent comes in pre-cut lengths while the plastic one available in both pre-cut lengths and rolls as well. There's cut-slot available inside the roof sheathing. Meanwhile, over the slot the vent is nailed properly on its place. Here below are the instructions of ridge vent installation. Keep reading for details.
1. Get the ridge shingles removed if you are getting the vent installed on an existing roof.
2. Get it measured about 1 inch down from the roof peak, on each side using the measuring tape. Get a line snapped using the chalk line from end to end. If there is a ridge beam on the roof, get it measured 1¼ inch from the roof peak.
3. Next step, by using circular saw, you can try to cut over the line. But you must stop in 6 inches from each gable. Get your cut deep enough to cut through the sheathing of the roof, without getting the roof framing cut. You must get all the waste material are removed.
4. Get the ridge vent bent over the roof peak and then get it nailed in place using the roofing nails. Get one nail put on each side, at each end, and then set it spaced about 2 feet along the vent length. Get the vent cut into the length with utility knife.
5. Get the existing foam plugs are placed at the ends of the gable. And then next step is you must get them nailed properly in place using the roofing nails.’
6. Get the ridge vent covered using shingles as appropriate. It's done! You've already installing the ridge vent on your roof.
These are some living room paint samples that you can use as the paint idea for your living room, of course. These living room paint […]
Creating an eclectic look in your room can be a great idea to make it distinctive. Simply adding eclectic furniture can easily create this look […]
Radiant floor installation can be the most difficult thing in my life; I require good technique and experience about radiant floor. Today I will try […]
One of the best ways in making our showers look even better is by applying the tiles. Tiles will just be the best choice when […]
What is one of the most annoying house hold problems? I can tell you, the running-toilet. It can be very stressful when finding your toilet […]
Installing lights for your garden is now become easier and cheaper because you don’t need to worry about the cost you have to pay for […]
IKEA is one name that I’m sure you feel familiar with. Yes, IKEA is a company which provides you with anything that you need to […]
2015 | Any content, trademarks, or other material that might be found on the Vizimac website that is not Vizimac property remains the copyright of its respective owners. In no way does Vizimac claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.