It is considered as a universal process when installing the vent, whether it is an electric or gas dryer. It surely requires the ability & several tools for getting the measurement precisely. An installation of a dryer which is done properly is actually crucial, because it can keep potentially harmful fibers as well as gases out of the house (get them sent outdoor). Your experience & skills will define the time for doing the job. Here below are the things related to the topic of how to install a dryer vent.
1. You will need to firstly determine where the dryer vent will be located and after that get a hole drilled in the wall. Be sure to get the location at both outside and inside of the house checked or ensuring it is not blocked by shrubbery or fence posts.
2. Get the hole within the small pilot is bored inside of the house, where the dryer vent is going to be placed precisely. If you want to get the vent installed inside the basement, you can get it bored through the wood-plate which is placed properly at the foundation’s top.
3. Get yourself outside and make a larger hole where the vent will run through a 4-inch-hole saw. The pilot hole which has been cut by you should be in the 4-inches-hole’s center that you are now cutting.
4. Get the vent hood attached with wood screws and get it caulked around the pipe. There should be a piece of pipe which about a foot in length which has been already attached to the vent hood.
5. Next step is, get ninety degrees elbow pipe is added to the vent pipe end on both inside and outside of the house. Then, you can get another one added to particular area, where the exhaust went out of the dryer. Get the two elbows connected together with the sectional plain vent pipe using large hose pipe clamps.
6. Finally, get the dryer pushed into the pace & get the legs adjusted on the bottom for ensuring it level.
Popular Post This Week